Riddle’s Jewelry is and always has been proud to offer its clients a free lifetime diamond warranty that covers both the center and side diamonds, without time limit, should they become lost from their mounting. Moreover, for the first time ever Riddle’s Jewelry would like to offer its clients the opportunity to purchase a lifetime Premium Care and Repair Plan to cover their jewelry item for life as well.
If you reside outside the store location area for Riddle's Jewelry, you can mail your jewelry and guarantee to any Riddle's Jewelry location or the Corporate Office in Rapid City. If you have any additional questions or comments, please contact Customer Service.
The following assurances are certified by the Premium and Base Guarantees, as long as the jewelry item is brought into a Riddle's Jewelry store EVERY SIX MONTHS for inspection.
- The diamonds are microscopically examined to conform to our high standards in cut, color, and clarity.
- The precious metals used meet the standards of the US Stamping Act.
- The center and side stones up to $10,000 are guaranteed WITHOUT TIME LIMIT against dropping out, provided the jewelry is brought in every 6 months for our inspection.
- Cleaning, polishing, and inspecting of the jewelry, WITHOUT TIME LIMIT.
- We agree to accept this diamond jewelry at any time, for fair market value, towards any genuine diamond jewelry of at least double in value.
- 60 days full cash refund. (20 day full cash refund for purchases under $199)
- 60-90 days in-store credit for special circumstance returns with Manager approval.
Riddle's Premium Care and Repair Plan Terms and Conditions - Exclusive protection for your fine jewelry purchase
The Riddle's Premium Care and Repair Plan goes above and beyond any manufacturer's warranty to cover items related to maintaining your fine jewelry item. There are no deductibles or hidden fees.
- "Merchandise" shall mean the merchandise identified on the original sales slip as covered by the Premium Care and Repair Plan.
- "Plan" means this Premium Care and Repair Plan.
- "Plan Price" is the purchase price paid for the Plan as shown on the original sales slip.
- "WE", "US" and "OUR" means Riddle’s Group Inc., d/b/a Riddle’s Jewelry, 2707 Mt. Rushmore Road, Rapid City, South Dakota 57701, via phone 1-605-343-2226. Riddle’s Group Inc. is the party obligated to provide services to you under the Plan.
- "YOU" or "YOUR" means the original customer who purchased the Merchandise or original receiver of the Merchandise, in the case of a gift, covered by the Plan.
- “Diamond” is a mineral created by nature consisting essentially of pure carbon crystallized in the isometric system.
- “Synthetic Diamond” / “(Lab)oratory Diamond” / “Created Diamond” / “Lab Grown” Diamond is a product that has the same physical and optical characteristics as a diamond but has not been mined.
- “Gemstone” is a mineral or natural origin that is used jewelry for reasons of combined beauty, rareness and intrinsic value.
- “Synthetic Gemstone” / “Created Gemstone” / “(Lab)oratory Gemstone” is an artificial product that has essentially the same physical and optical characteristics as its natural mined counterpart.
- “Imitation / Simulant” is an artificial product that imitates the appearance of a diamond or gemstone without having their chemical composition, physical properties or structure.
WHAT IS COVERED: This is a repair plan. In consideration of YOUR payment of the Plan Price, We will furnish labor and parts necessary to maintain the Merchandise in a usable and wearable condition, provided such service is necessitated by Merchandise wear during normal usage of the Merchandise under the conditions for which it was designed. The Plan coverage includes, but is not limited to, the following services, subject to the other terms and conditions of the Plan and at OUR sole discretion:
Replace, Recut or Re-polish
- Diamonds that have been chipped or broken may be replaced, recut or re-polished.
- Synthetics, Gemstones, and Imitations are omitted from this section.
Prongs, Channels and Crowns
- Retip and/or replace worn or broken prongs that jeopardize the security of the stone(s).
- Rebuild and/or replace worn channels that jeopardize the security of the stone(s).
- Retip and/or replace crowns that jeopardize the security of the stone(s).
- Will tighten any setting where a stone may be loose.
- For a period of one year from the original date of merchandise purchase any jewelry mounting or setting that is defective in either workmanship or materials will be repaired or replaced.
Rhodium plating white gold
- One annual Rhodium plating at no charge when done without a covered repair
- Ladies: No charge to size down to a size 4 and up to a size 9
- Gentleman’s: No charge to size down to a size 8 and up to a size 12
- No charge soldering of wedding sets together at the bottom of the shank
Pendant Bail Repair
- Repair and/or rebuild lost metal that jeopardizes the security of the pendant
- Repair and/or replace non-functioning chain clasp
- Free chain soldering for five years from original merchandise purchase
Earring repair (Post and Clutch)
- Repair and/or replace earring post or clutch that jeopardizes security of earring.
Tennis Bracelet Prongs and Channels
- Retip and/or rebuild worn or broken prong that jeopardizes the security of the stone.
Bracelet moving part
- Hinges, tubes, links and jump rings are covered for a period of three years from original merchandise purchase.
- Repair and/or replace bracelet clasp that does not function properly.
Resetting your diamonds/ gemstones and restringing pearls
- Pearls: No charge restringing on peal strands
No charge re-setting on diamonds, laboratory grown diamonds, and gemstones that have come free of their mounting/setting.
Center and side diamonds that are lost from their original setting during normal wear will be replaced at a value not to exceed $10,000 provided the item has met the conditions outlined in the Your Obligations section of this document.
Limited Lifetime Trade-In Policy
- Diamonds / (Lab)oratory Diamonds
We agree to accept your center diamond, at any time, for fair market value, towards any diamond jewelry of at least double value.
We agree to accept your center (Lab)oratory diamond, at any time, for fair market value, towards any (Lab)oratory diamond of at least double value.
- Synthetic Gemstones, Gemstones, and Imitations
Gemstones, Synthetic Gemstones, and Imitations are not eligible for the limited lifetime trade-in.
When an item is used towards the purchase of a new item under the provisions outlined in the Limited Lifetime Trade-In Policy, you will receive In-Store Credit for any item returned during the 60-day return option for the items value you traded in.
Fair market value is calculated using the price of like, similar or comparable product(s) currently being sold by US. Such value is derived and based on OUR knowledge of the market trends and current acquisition ability of the product. The fair market value will be determined solely by US and in some instances the fair market value may result in a $0.00 value for the given product. Fair market value is not an appraised value, estate value, auction estimate, or replacement value.
All Repairs shall be completed by US or by such other repair center of OUR choice. Parts may be replaced with others, including non-original manufacturer's parts, of like kind and quality.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED:
This is not a replacement plan. Nothing herein shall obligate US to repair or replace materials other than normal wear and tear. This Plan does not cover loss or theft of the Merchandise or damage resulting from loss of any kind. If YOU purchase the Plan after YOU purchase the Merchandise, the Plan does not cover pre-existing conditions in the Merchandise that occurred after YOU purchased the Merchandise and prior to the effective date of the Plan.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY:
OUR total liability under this Plan is the Purchase Price paid for the Merchandise as shown on the sales slip. In the event that the total value of all authorized services WE provide under the Plan exceeds the Purchase Price of the Merchandise (as shown on YOUR sales slip), We shall have satisfied all obligations owed under the Plan. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, NO MATTER WHAT THE CAUSE, INCLUDING DELAY IN RENDERING SERVICE UNDER THIS PLAN, OR LOSS OF USE DURING THE PERIOD THAT THE MERCHANDISE IS BEING PREPARED OR OTHERWISE AWAITING PARTS.
We require YOUR jewelry to be examined every six months by a representative of Riddle’s Jewelry and to have the examination documented in the Examination Record portion of the warranty/guarantee, plan document, or Riddle’s Jewelry computer system. YOU must and shall perform all maintenance on the Merchandise required by any applicable underlying warranties/guarantees or the Plan to maintain the Merchandise in usable and wearable condition, as provided in such warranties/guarantees or the Plan. Damage resulting from failure to comply with recommended services and/or maintenance under such warranties/guarantees or the Plan will result in coverage not being extended under any warranty/guarantee or this Plan.
YOU must provide the care and maintenance of the Merchandise as described above. You must maintain possession of YOUR sales slip and Plan document, which will serve as identification of Plan purchase, as well as, merchandise identification for covered item.
Coverage provided by the plan shall commence on the date of Plan purchase as shown on YOUR original sales slip. Time frames for coverage listed in the Plan shall be determined from the original date of merchandise purchase as shown on YOUR original sales slip. The Plan shall be in effect from the date the Plan is purchased as shown on YOUR sales slip and shall continue for the lifetime of the original customer or original receiver of merchandise, in the case of a gift, subject to OUR limit of liability as stated in the Limit of Liability Section above. The Plan is void if the Merchandise is used as a trade-in toward another item after 24 months and a new Premium Care and Repair Plan would need to be purchased on the new item. If the Merchandise is used as a trade-in toward another item within 24 months from the original merchandise purchase any difference between the original Plan and the new Plan is due from the customer to continue Plan coverage.
Cancellation by YOU. YOU may cancel the Plan for any reason at any time by visiting any of OUR store locations and requesting cancellation. If YOU request cancellation of the Plan where services were NOT received under the Plan:
Diamond / (Lab)oratory Diamond Merchandise - If YOU request cancellation within sixty (60) days of the original purchase date of the Plan (as shown on Your sales slip) and no services have been provided to YOU under the Plan, then the Plan is void and YOU will receive a full refund of the Plan Price.
Gemstone / Synthetic Gemstone Merchandise - If YOU request cancellation within twenty (20) days of the original purchase date of the Plan (as shown on YOUR sales slip) and no services have been provided to YOU under the Plan, then the Plan is void and YOU will receive a full refund of the Plan Price. If YOU request cancellation of the Plan where services were received under the Plan:
Diamond / (Lab)oratory Diamond Merchandise – within sixty (60) days of the original purchase date of the Plan YOU will receive the difference between the Plan Price paid less any services received and the Plan will become void.
Gemstone / Synthetic Gemstone Merchandise – within twenty (20) days of the original purchase date of the Plan YOU will receive the difference between the Plan Price paid less any services received and the Plan will become void.
Cancellation by US. WE may not cancel the Plan except for non-payment, fraud, work performed by another entity other than US, material misrepresentation by YOU and/or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. Notice of cancellation by US will be sent to YOU at least thirty (30) days prior to cancellation, and will state the effective date and reason for cancellation. If WE cancel the Plan, YOU will receive a refund of the Plan Price Paid less the price of any services received under the Plan.
You are not required to pay any deductible under the Plan.
LIMITATION ON TRANSFER:
This Plan is only for the benefit of the original customer or original receiver of merchandise, in the case of a gift. It is not transferable to
FULL FAITH AND CREDIT:
OUR obligations under the Plan are backed by OUR full faith and credit. The Plan is not guaranteed under a service contract reimbursement
policy. The Plan is not an insurance policy.
This document sets forth the entire agreement between parties with respect to the Plan and no representation, promise or condition not
contained herein shall modify these terms.
Warranty Comparison (Basic coverage starts at $300 sale price)
1. Missing and Broken Diamonds
Replace a stone that is lost from mounting.
Increased diamond coverage to: Re-cutting, Re-polishing, chipped, and broken diamonds.
2. Prongs, Channels and Crowns
Re-tip a worn prong
Full Re-tipping with extended coverage to full prongs and channels, as well as, crown replacement.
3. Stone Tightening
Tighten any loose stone on jewelry item for 12 months
Lifetime stone tightening
4. Mounting Coverage
60 day return/exchange option if client is unsatisfied
Upgrade to full one year repair or replace on defects in either workmanship or material
Appraisal and appraisal updates for free during the first 12 months after purchase
Appraisal and appraisal updates extended to the life of the item
6. Ring Sizing
12 months of free ring sizing
Extended coverage to Free Lifetime ring sizing within the limits of the ring
Covered with sizing within 12 months
Extended lifetime coverage which entitles the item to a free re-plating annually without a covered repair
Repair or replace item within 60 days of original purchase
Upgrade to full lifetime bail repair & clasp replacement coverage with complementary chain soldering when possible for five years
60 Day return or exchange
Lifetime repair or replacement on earring post and/or clutch
10. Tennis Bracelet
60 day return exchange. 12 month re-tipping and stone tightening
Lifetime tip, prong and channel work coverage with three year moving parts warranty covering pins, tubes, links, jump rings, and hinges. In addition, there is a lifetime clasp repair or replacement warranty.
Worry Free Watch Warranty– Providing peace of mind for your valuable timepiece
The Riddle’s Jewelry Worry Free Watch Warranty goes above and beyond the manufacturer’s warranty to cover failures due to the normal wear and tear of using your timepiece. There are no deductibles, hidden fees and is fully transferable*.
Coverage begins immediately at the time of purchase on your timepiece and continues for a full 36 months. Coverage includes the following areas:
1. Movement Failure
2. Crystal scratches and/or Breaks
3. Case and/or Bezel damage
4. Broken watchbands
5. Broken stems and/or crowns
6. Broken Clasps
7. Water damage to water resistant watches
8. Lifetime Batteries and Battery Replacement
9. Lifetime Watch Band Adjustment with customer supplied parts
If you should sell or give your watch as a gift to someone your Worry Free Watch Warranty, and all of its benefits, transfer to the new owner provided you provide them with the original warranty packet.
Utilizing your Worry Free Watch Warranty
Simply take your timepiece and the original warranty packet into any Riddle’s Jewelry retail location for service. Having the original receipt and original warranty packet are an integral part in ensuring smooth and speedy service.
Verbal Coverage Description
The Worry Free Watch Warranty covers parts and labor costs to repair your timepiece in the event your timepiece experiences failure caused by damage to the case, clasp, crown, crystal, stem, band or inner movement. If damage is limited to the band or strap, Riddle’s Jewelry may elect to replace either the complete watch or the band at our discretion. Riddle’s Jewelry will repair or replace the product or reimburse you for the pre-authorized repairs to or replacement of the product, at our discretion, when required due to a breakdown or failure which is not covered under any other warranty or service plan. Equivalent non-original manufacturer’s parts may be used for repair for the product if the manufacturer’s parts are unavailable or more costly.
Coverage begins on the date of purchase of your timepiece and continues for a period of 36 months from that date. During the first thirty days you may be required to return the product to the original store the item was purchased at to process your claim. If your timepiece is in for repair when the Worry Free Watch Warranty expires coverage will be extended until the covered repair has been completed.
For any single claim the limit of liability is the least of the cost of:
1. The total of authorized repairs performed, up to the purchase price of the timepiece.
2. Replacement of timepiece with a product that is similar in nature containing similar features
3. Reimbursement for authorized repairs up to the price that you paid for the product
4. The price that you paid for the product.
In the event that the total of all authorized repairs exceeds the purchase price paid for the timepiece, Riddle’s Jewelry, shall at its sole discretion, either replace the product with one of similar value containing similar features, or issue a gift card equal to the original purchase price of the covered timepiece only. Reimbursement in either fashion shall have satisfied all obligations owed under the Worry Free Watch Warranty.
Riddle’s Jewelry, at its sole discretion, may require that you return the covered product to a designated location as a condition to receiving a replacement product or reimbursement.
Items excluded from the Worry Free Watch Warranty
1. Incidental or consequential damages, including by not limited to any delay in rendering service under the Worry Free Watch
2. Any and all pre-existing conditions that occur prior to the effective date of the Worry Free Watch Warranty
3. Damage from accident, abuse, misuse, introduction of foreign objects into the product, tampering with element’s designed to
secure diamonds or gemstones, unauthorized product modification or alterations.
4. Breakdowns as a result of failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions
5. Third party actions including fire, collision, vandalism, theft, etc.
6. Damage or loss resulting from the failure to obtain inspections and/or periodic checkups required by the original
manufacturer’s warranty or retailer’s warranty
7. Damage covered by any other warranty or service contract
8. Damage which is not reported within 30 days after expiration of the Worry Free Watch Warranty
9. Damage caused by defective batteries or replacement of defective batteries by those other than Riddle’s Jewelry
10. Total loss of timepiece
11. Cosmetic damage including: scratches, peelings, dents that do not impede the mechanical functionality of the timepiece
12. Unauthorized repairs and/or parts
13. Inherent defects that are the responsibility of the manufacturer or parts failure due to manufacturer recall regardless of the
manufacturer’s ability to pay for such repairs
14. Preventative maintenance
15. Products with removed or altered serial numbers
16. Water damage if used under conditions which exceed the product manufacturer’s water resistance guidelines
17. Loss of use during the period the covered product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts
18. Any product used in a commercial setting or rental basis
19. The Worry Free Watch Warranty Plan is non-renewable
Cancellation of Coverage
The Worry Free Watch Warranty Plan is non-renewable and expires after 36 months of coverage. The plan can be cancelled by you
within the first 20 days of purchase. To cancel the plan simply visit any Riddle’s Jewelry Retail Location with your original sales
receipt and original warranty packet. In order to receive a full refund of the price paid for the plan, present the original sales receipt
and original warranty packet and provided no service has been performed you will be refunded the full purchase price for the plan. In
the event service was performed a pro rata refund, less the cost of any service received will be issued. The plan may be cancelled by
Riddle’s Jewelry for fraud or material misrepresentation, including but not limited to commercial or rental use. Unauthorized repair or
replacement of covered equipment shall result in the cancellation of this Plan by Riddle’s Jewelry. In the event of cancellation, written
notice of cancellation shall be mailed to you, at the address on file, not less than thirty (30) days before cancellation is effective.